Write a letter to the corporation that supports Planned Parenthood. Tell them:
Giving money to organizations that promote and provide abortion, even if the money is not used for that purpose, frees up other funds for abortion purposes and gives your stamp of approval to their abortion related activities. By funding Planned Parenthood, you unwittingly support everything they do. You are supporting the work of the abortion industry. Why are you funding Planned Parenthood, allowing them to benefit financially from your patrons who do not believe in what they do?
The words Planned Parenthood sound benign, but PP is, in fact, the largest promoter of abortion in the world. Smaller PP clinics that do not provide abortion "services" refer the woman to another abortion provider. PP in the USA gets about $100 million each year in federal funds alone. Our tax money pays for abortion.
Stats from ALL (American Life League): Updated February 5, 2008
Planned Parenthood’s income break-down for 2006-2007 fiscal year
- PP clinic income: $356.9 million
- PP Government grants and contracts: $336.7 million
- Total profit: $114.8 million
- Total income: $1.02 billion
2006 Planned Parenthood "service" numbers
- Number of abortions (medical and surgical): 289,750
- Total number of abortions per week: 5,572
- Adoption referrals: 2,410
- Ratio of adoption referrals to abortions: 1 per 120
2007 Planned Parenthood Annual Survey
- Total number of PP clinics: 855
- Total number of non-express clinics: 814
- Express clinics: 41
- Total number of PP clinics that perform surgical and/or medical abortions: 287
- Total number of affiliates: 108
- Number of clinics that started doing abortions in 2007: 55
According to Minnesota Citizens Concerned for Life:
The clock is ticking . . . In the USA alone,
- One baby is aborted every 26 seconds
- 137 babies are aborted every hour
- 3,304 babies are aborted every day
- 23,196 babies are aborted every week
- 100,516 babies are aborted every month
And the statistics could be higher because all numbers reported are voluntary; there are no laws requiring abortionists to report to any national agency the numbers of abortions they perform. 2005-2008 are estimates of 1,206,200 annually. The statistics are provided by the Alan Guttmacher Institute (a special affiliate to Planned Parenthood), which actively collects the abortion data directly from providers.
National Right to Life compares AGI stats to indicates that the real figures could be worse than AGI reports since they are an affiliate of Planned Parenthood.